Saturday, June 19, 2010

I hate LA. Go LA!

The Los Angeles Lakers represent everything I hate: Sports dynasties, celebrities, ugly uniforms, and Phil Jackson-- who is possibly the worst human on earth. Throughout the playoffs, I cheered for every team that played them... until they faced Boston.

I wasn't planning on cheering for LA, but I just couldn't bring myself to cheer for a team from Boston. I realized I might actually hate Boston more than Los Angeles. The most prominent sports figure in LA is Kobe, and the most prominent one is Boston is Tom Brady. Neither is an especially upstanding citizen, but I detest Tom Brady with an unquenchable hatred. He's just so handsome.

Kobe is sort of ugly, and he also has an ENORMOUS chip on his shoulder despite being extremely successful. That's kind of an achievement. Kobe is angry; Brady is fussy.

Speaking of fussy, Rasheed Wallace is a 9-year old girl on the basketball court. His inner tweets: "Life is SO UNFAIR :(" and "These refs don't understand me >;("

The NBA should make it a foul to flop and cry before basketball becomes soccer.

Last thing is Ron Artest. Artest is not exactly a pillar-of-the-community guy, but he thanked his psychiatrist after winning. That redeems him from all previous misdeeds.